Hallo :)
I went in to see Faith this morning before work again as they rushed in yet another baby right as I arrived for my visit last night. It would have been AGES while they did lines and everything on the new bub so I just came home. Well, after waiting 20 minutes of the 30 minutes that I had to spare before I had to leave for work, I got a whole 10 minutes with Faith, rawr!
I went in to see Faith this morning before work again as they rushed in yet another baby right as I arrived for my visit last night. It would have been AGES while they did lines and everything on the new bub so I just came home. Well, after waiting 20 minutes of the 30 minutes that I had to spare before I had to leave for work, I got a whole 10 minutes with Faith, rawr!
Anyway, I spoke to Dr. Slaughter last night and Dr. Cartwright this morning... Dr. Slaughter is quite convinced that Faith has a stricture in her bowel, so basically a portion of the bowel has been damaged and has narrowed as it healed which is causing problems. If this is the case then they will need to do a little surgery to remove the damaged portion and hook up the two good sides. Dr. Slaughter said that the surgery is usually very sucessful in little babies, but that Faith is REALLY not a little baby anymore in the opinion of the surgeons... even if I still see her as a little baby :)
Dr. Cartwright seemed quite unconvinced about it this morning, but he's always more optimistic so he isn't resigned to it being a stricture. Either way, he was crankily ordering a test today where they give Faith some high-contrast dye down her top end and take a series of scans to see how the dye progresses through her guts. If she has a stricture the dye will stop somewhere. If it doesn't... then we're still clueless! I hope that they find the problem so they can fix it and move on to "kick the vent" as Dr. Slaughter said :)
Fingers crossed we get some results :)

Hi,
ReplyDeleteYou work with my mum and she has mentioned your family and Faith.
We have a happy healthy baby girl and have been asking constantly about your baby girl and her health.
I am a christian and would just like to let you know we are keeping Faith in our prayers and we also have a group of people (about 50) that are also praying for your beautiful baby girl.
We will keep our fingers crossed for you and look forward to hearing how young faith is going.
Thank you for the prayers and concerns :) I appreciate it and I'm sure Faith does as well!
ReplyDelete