Hallo :)
Faith has been doing SO much better all week! I've been able to have cuddles every 2 days which is AWESOME! And they are increasing her feeds by 3 ml every 12 hours, so she's up to 14ml a feed this morning :) They are getting a little bit out sometimes when they suck out her tummy before feeds, but not a lot so they are still pressing forward trying to push the gut to work at proper speed again. And she had a good size poo overnight as well (YAY!!!) so the feeds must be going through... they're going slow still but they're going :) I had a laugh with Matt (her nurse the last couple days) this morning because yesterday when I called he said that he reckoned Faith was working on giving him a "gift" but she saved it for the night nurse instead, lucky him (and me, I did the nappy change right before that one)!
Faith has been doing SO much better all week! I've been able to have cuddles every 2 days which is AWESOME! And they are increasing her feeds by 3 ml every 12 hours, so she's up to 14ml a feed this morning :) They are getting a little bit out sometimes when they suck out her tummy before feeds, but not a lot so they are still pressing forward trying to push the gut to work at proper speed again. And she had a good size poo overnight as well (YAY!!!) so the feeds must be going through... they're going slow still but they're going :) I had a laugh with Matt (her nurse the last couple days) this morning because yesterday when I called he said that he reckoned Faith was working on giving him a "gift" but she saved it for the night nurse instead, lucky him (and me, I did the nappy change right before that one)!
They did another blood gas this morning as well, and neither Dr. Cartwright or Dr. Slaughter had been to see it yet when I called but Matt thought it was a good gas and that they would hopefully be able to wean some more off her ventilation (woohoo)! I'm really hoping that we can get her off the vent soon and then into special care so I have an excuse to go on my much-needed maternity leave (fingers crossed this is my last month at work)!
Also, she's up to 2kg (about 4.4lbs) working weight now :) She actually weighs 2.175 kg (or 4.8 lbs for my American pals) so still a bit of water weight but definitely not as bad as it has been!! Go my little chubbers, 2kg!! And here is a photo of her last night. She was laying on her tummy in her cot and she'd turned her head as much as the tube would let her so she was almost face down in her cot like she'd just fallen into bed. So cute :)

We love the blog and the updates! Yippee for a great week for Faith! Our hopes and prayers that things keep moving in the right direction! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteThanks for another update. My wife and i also keep an eye out for updates. It's really great to hear your beautiful bubs is going ok.
ReplyDeleteWe're looking forward to the day she goes home.
Please keep letting us know how she is going.
So glad to keep hearing good news!! Would you update her weight on the R side of the blog? The g's & kg's get me since I'm not sure of the conversion!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great week...food and poo! Glad to hear that Faith had such a good week. Sending prayers across the ocean. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI put the lbs next to the kgs in the post for you Carla, I kind of forget to do that now I've been here so long! But I can't change the little monkey... it's a picture I made at work and the file is there :P
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks all for your well wishes, here's hoping things keep looking up :)