Our little Monkey

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Slight backstep but not bad still

Hallo!

Things are still MEGA HECTIC at work, so sorry again I haven't updated in a couple days :( Silly customers calling and making me work!!

Faith is still out in her open cot, and she's doing really well as far as that goes. I'm getting to dress her and she can come out for cuddles every day if I want her to. I'm trying to hold myself in check though and I'm giving her a rest every other day. I don't want to push it :)

She is still eating, she's up to 48 ml a feed. And she weighs about 2.3 kg (5.06 lbs) now. She did lose a bit of weight last night (80g) but her Dr thinks it was just fluid as she is still weeing HEAPS and she is slightly less puffy today. So that would be alright. They will keep monitoring her weight though. She gained 50g in her last weigh so they aren't TOO concerned anyway :)

The only bad thing is that they had dropped the pressure on her CPAP to 7, but they have had to put it back up to 8 yesterday. She had a few issues of desaturation and bradycardia, one nurse thinks that some condensation was going down her nose from the CPAP tube, but the other nurse thought it was a pressure issue, so she raised the pressure. Either way, Faith is doing well now, and is only on 24% oxygen... hopefully they'll put the pressure down again and she'll prove herself :)

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine it must be hard to update regularly. Just do it when you can and we will keep an eye on her progress anyway whenever you post.

    My wife and i are just happy to hear all is going well.

    She is looking so much better. Make sure you take care of yourself so you can take of your beautiful girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad to hear Fiath is progressing!!!!

    ReplyDelete